Journal of the illuminating engineering institute of Japan Vol.105 No.3, 2021, “Considering Decarbonized Society in 2050 through SDGs―from the Standpoint of Architecture and Lighting” was published.
Miho Konishi, ALG’s Lighting Director, was in charge of planning, editing and writing of the book.
Inheriting the trend from the special issue of the Journal of the Illuminating Engineering Institute, “SDGs: 17 Sustainable Development Goals to Change the World and Towards New Values for the Lighting Industry,” published in September 2019, this second issue features the impact and potential contribution of architecture and the lighting industry to society from a wide range of perspectives by professors in various fields.
In “Considering Decarbonized Society through SDGs – from the Standpoint of Lighting Design” written by Konishi, she describes her efforts and proposals as a lighting designer regarding the achievement of SDGs targeting 2030 and the realization of a decarbonized society targeting 2050.
She also proposes a new lighting environment for the “New Normal era” after COVID-19, which is currently raging.
JOURNAL OF THE ILLUMINATING ENGINEERING INSTITUTE OF JAPAN Vol.105 No.3, 2021
THE ILLUMINATING ENGINEERING INSTITUTE OF JAPAN (IEIJ)
May 1st, 2021
Considering Decarbonized Society in 2050 through SDGs―from the Standpoint of Architecture and Lighting
【Special Issue Editorial】
Toward a Bright Future for a Decarbonized Society and the Lighting Industry / Miho Konishi
【Special Issue Technical Reports】
● Activity of Council for Promoting Low Carbon Society and Future Prospects in the Field of
Architecture / Hiroshi Yoshino
● Reduction in CO2 Emissions by Designing a Lighting Environment in Condominiums / Shimon Nihei
● Challenging Approach to Carbon Neutrality / Yoshikane Kojima
● Work on Saving Lighting Energy and Improving the Value of Lighting Space by “Human-Oriented” to Achieve Decarbonized Society / Wataru Iwai
● Environmental Consideration Approach of Toshiba Lighting & Technology Corporation for Realizing Decarbonized Society / Yusuke Shibahara, Masanao Hieda, Kengo Ishikawa and Junya Murata et al.
● Mitsubishi Electric Lighting Corporation’s Efforts Focusing on Luminance and Spatial Brightness / Takayuki Yamamoto and Chiyuki Sasayama
● Considering Decarbonized Society through SDGs – from the Standpoint of Lighting Design / Miho Konishi
● Road to Environmental Advancement and Development of Environmental Human Resources / Hayato Umekawa, Kunio Sato, Norifumi Suzuki and Katsusuke Murakami